Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Good News

Yesterday I had my 28 week apt. with Dr. Marichal and another ultrasound in his office. I was really nervous, but optimistic. We had the ultrasound first and got to see Eli :) All looked really good! He weighs 2 lbs 11ozs, his kidneys look to be the same diameter and his right femur is growing! The right femur is a few centimeters shorter than the left femur, but that is how it was 8 weeks ago (and likely how it'll always be). We got to see his face and he looked so cute! We could even see how he has hair already - it was really amazing.

Everything else went well at my appointment and I don't get back for 3 weeks. It was just such a relief to have a good report after the ultrasound! I really feel so blessed and happy and am so looking forward to meeting our baby.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! Logan's femur is 20% shorter and I belive madelines is shorter too. This is actually a great thing in our case as no futur surgeries are needed to stop the groth(for a knee joint). I think a short femur is very very common.
    Did you say he had hair already!!!!!!!!!!Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Kristina!! I have been thinking about you and wondering how it all went. Paddy's femur is also shorter, about 2.5cms so like Jenna said it must be very common. I am so pleased that you are feeling better about everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fibular hemimelia mom here, and friend of Jenna. Just want you to know you are not alone. My baby girl will be 2 in August, she runs, jumps, climbs, she never ceases to amaze me (as a matter of fact she is dancing on the coffee table as we speak).

    While I didn't understand at first, I truly believe we were given our children for a reason, can't imagine what life would be without her.

    Hugs to you and the wee little man inside.

    Misti

    ReplyDelete