My sweet girl is 1 month old! This month has just flown by and I really feel like I was pregnant yesterday. Miss Grace is doing well and had her 1 month check-up today. She is already 10 lbs. 7 oz. and is 21 inches long. She is a big girl and loves to eat; just like her Mom :)
Besides eating Grace loves to be held. Bouncy seat, swing, cradle – forget them all. She likes to be in my arms and she likes to nap in my Moby wrap carrier. Grace also loves bath time and especially loves to get her hair washed. She likes to lay on her tummy and holds her head up really well. At night she likes to sleep right up next to me. She doesn’t sleep that much during the day, but at night she sleeps for 3-4 hour stretches. She usually wakes up at around 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. to eat.
One thing that is just over the top is that Grace HATES getting her diaper changed and screams bloody murder during the entire experience. The first time I changed her in the hospital I almost had a panic attack because I was so concerned. She is getting a bit better and has changes now where she doesn’t cry, but goodness it makes you become pretty efficient at getting that dirty diaper off of her.
Grace makes the funniest noises. I have to try to get them on video because it is kind of hard to explain them. They sound kind of like a mix between a cat grunting and a man snickering. Very unique my girl is.
She has been smiley since she was born, but now she has started to smile with a purpose. When she smiles at me it melts my heart, but it is the smiling she has done at her big brother that literally kills me.
Speaking of big brother, he is doing so much better with his baby sister. Every night he has to say “Goodnight Grace” without us prompting him to do it. When she isn’t screaming too hard, he loves to watch me change her and is fascinated with her knees and belly button. When she cries he says “she’s okay” or “almost done” ( as in – “get that diaper of of her already!”)
At this point I think Grace looks like all three of us. People say she looks like me, I think she has Jered’s eyes and looks like Eli & me.
Here is a Grace & Eli at 1 month old – what do you think?
I still can’t believe that I have been blessed with a little girl. I am loving all things pink and girly and look forward to all the things we can share together as she grows. I am so completely in love with her and just so glad that she is here!
You have two beautiful and amazing children, Kristina. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet Grace!
ReplyDelete