Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Grace is 2 months old!

DSC_0103

My little lady is two months old today.  At two months old it seems like she is officially a “baby,” and no longer a “newborn.”  Looking at the pictures I took today of Grace on her two month birthday, she looks big! 

Grace eats about every 2-3 hours and usually takes a nap in the Moby wrap after her feedings.  She has almost outgrown her 0-3 mth clothes and is now wearing mostly 3-6 mths.  She loves her activity mat and the new bouncy seat we are borrowing from a friend.  She doesn’t really like the swing at all, except that one day when I quickly put her in and she fell to her side Winking smile

DSC_0019

This past week I have been working on getting her to sleep in the cradle and it has gone pretty well.  The first day or two was rough, but she seems to be getting the hang of it.  Last night I started putting her in the bassinet that we are borrowing from a friend because it seems more comfortable, and I think she liked it much better.  Once she is asleep she is fine, it is just the getting to sleep part that can be a bit rough. 

She is going to bed between 8 and 9 p.m. and then wakes up once now anywhere between 2-4 a.m.  for a feeding.  It has been hard to get her to sleep by herself after this feeding, but last night she did just fine.  She then starts waking up around 5:30/6:00 a.m., but will usually sleep a bit longer if I bring her into bed.  After Christmas we are going to move her bassinet into her room, so I am hoping that goes well for the both of us.

DSC_0023

I think my favorite part of this past month has been her smiles and coos.  After her first morning feeding she is super smiley and just coos and coos.  It is completely adorable and makes me want to eat her for breakfast.

DSC_0145

Santa has already brought my gift this year – my beautiful daughter!

2 comments:

  1. Grace is so pretty! I'm counting down the days until we can all hang out for Christmas. I think Grace looks a little bit like Maggie...? Anyway, how do you get "Labels" on your blog? I clicked on one by accident, and now I want to incorporate those into my own blog! Maybe you can show me how. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina, Grace is just beautiful! Wish I could give her a cuddle! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, it is only 1/2 and hour till New year here, so all the best from us down here in NZ xxx

    ReplyDelete