I love this time of year. I love the Christmas season. It is busy and can sometimes be stressful and hectic, but all of the good things – family, friends, food, lights, music, decorations, snow, and most importantly Jesus’s birth, bring me so much joy and hope.
Over a month has gone by since my last post, so I just had to come back to this space and share an update. We are doing well. We saw a developmental pediatrician who gave me a survey to fill out, and one for Eli’s teacher to complete. He will review both surveys and then likely refer us to a psychologist for further testing. We started Eli on a Gluten Free/Casein Free diet, and it is going well. I am really looking forward to our appointment with the biomedical doctor in early April. My instinct tells me that only good will come from that visit.
Other than that, life is just moving along like it always has. Eli goes to school in the morning, and we have ST twice a week and OT once a week in the afternoons. He is doing well. He now is able to blow horns at Speech, and he can blow bubbles all by himself. He definitely has more language. He seems to really like the Christmas season too, and he LOVE “The Little Drummer Boy” – it is our favorite song.
The main challenge is that he can’t get his words out. He cries and gets really frustrated, but he is improving.
He is a sweet loving boy. He is my angel. How can I be sad? I just decided to open my eyes and focus on all of the beautiful blessings.
We’ll figure all this out, and no matter what we’ll be fine. Ever since Eli was Eli, he has been different. And I am okay with that, because this different is amazing. I’m the lucky one.
Just you wait and see.
Different is good, wonderful and sometimes amazing!
ReplyDelete