Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Grace Evelyn!

g is 6 mths old

I cannot believe that my sweet girl is 6 months old, yet at the same time I feel like she has been apart of our family forever. 

6 mths old

Let’s see…where to begin?  Well, after almost 2 months of teething a bottom tooth has emerged!  Grace has done really well with teething, just drooling like crazy (we go through a lot of bibs these days), and putting everything in her mouth.  This past weekend she seemed especially irritable with it, and then – the tooth popped through her gums!

she likes it

She eats!  This past month Grace has tried whole grain rice cereal, avocado, bananas and apples.  By far her favorite is apples.  She tried them for the first time today and is a huge fan.

they love bananas

She also loves bananas just like her brother (who I might add is only wearing a big because Grace had one on).

she loves him

Speaking of big brother – she loves him, like a lot!  This picture is one of my all time favorites!  It is so them!! He is intensely reading and she is just so excited that he is letting her sit so close to him!  It makes my heart feel like it is literally going to burst out of my chest…LOVE!

she sits 2

The other latest development is that Grace can sit on her own!  She can do this for a few minutes and then will topple over, and we are very proud of her. 

strong girl

She is a very strong girl with a very strong personality.  When she is happy, oh my, she is so happy and smiley and laughing and it is adorable.  When she is not happy, she screams…very loudly, and then when she gets what she wants she smiles at you.  I am proud of her…I admire her strength of character.

6 mths old 3

Oh my I just love her so much!  Happy half birthday my sweet baby girl!  Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life!!

2 comments:

  1. What beauties....both your children!!!! They are just absolutely precious. I, too, LOVE that picture of the two of them in the chair. Absolutely beautiful!! Hope you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina, Eli and Grace are just so gorgeous, I wish we lived closer so I could give them a cuddle and a squeeze! So good to see you all looking so happy! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete