
Eli is 15 months old today - on Christmas day!
Someone asked me last week what is his personality like, and so I thought I would do my best to describe what my precious son is like.
These days he is constantly on the move! He isn't officially walking on his own, but boy is he close. He spends most of his time walking around holding on to ONE of our fingers (yes just one). He also loves to cruise around furniture, walk along the walls and push things (cars, boxes, chairs, etc) as he walks. He does take unassisted steps on his own and is so proud of himself when he does. Just this morning he took about six steps and was so steady.
We have officially heard him say the following words: Dada, No, Dog, Pretty and Ma. He hasn't used them yet in the proper context, but he kind of babbles them out from time to time. He is constantly making all sorts of sounds and likes it when you repeat what he says.
His favorite activities are reading books (he LOVES turning the pages even if you haven't fully read the page yet) and emptying out the Tupperware and any cupboard or drawer that he can get his hands on.
He still takes two naps a day, but I think he'll probably drop the morning nap in the next few months. That one is getting shorter (about an hour) and his afternoon nap is more like 1.5 - 2 hours. He sleeps at night from about 8:30 p.m. to anywhere between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
He is a pretty good eater, and will eat just about anything. He loves apples, strawberries, peaches, pears, yogurt, goldfish, animal crackers, beef, eggs, etc., etc. I would say that he doesn't have a stand out favorite food, well, besides his milk of course.
He is definitely entering the toddler phase and is developing his little opinions and personality. When reading books for example, he will let you know what books he likes and wants to read and which books he wants nothing do with. When he is done eating and wants out of the high chair, he'll let you know.
He is the best Christmas I will ever receive and the absolute joy of my life. I am forever blessed by having this sweet angel in my life.
He is definitely a blessing!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cutie! I enjoy reading your blog since I don't see you and Eli very often...he is growing! :)
ReplyDelete