Friday, November 20, 2009

New Shoes, Fences & Apples

I really want to try and update the blog more than once a week, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Anyways, lots of fun things to update on!

Eli got new shoes!!!

Because of the the lift we have to have put in his left shoe, Eli will most likely only have one pair of shoes at a time, so its pretty exciting for him to have a new pair.Boy did I learn a lot trying to find the right pair of shoes for him.

Here is what I was dealing with:
  1. I wanted to get him a nice, comfortable pair of shoes, due to the fact that he wears them all of his waking hours.
  2. His foot is wide (and so is the prosthetic foot) so I had to find his size in a W.
  3. Because of the lift that has to be put in the shoe, I have to find a shoe with a thick and even heel.
#3 is the real tricky one. To make a very long story short, after purchasing 5 pairs of shoes, I finally found these beauties. Let me make a shameless plug for Zappos.com too, because they have free shipping both ways and you have 365 days to make returns. Needless to say, I will be buying all of Eli's shoes from Zappos.com in the future. Anyways, we are loving the new kicks that meet all three of the above criteria.
It seems like the new shoes are made for walkin', because that's what Eli loves to do these days. Well, maybe not walking, but cruisn' for sure! Lately he has been loving walking along the little fence in our front yard.

Doesn't he just look so proud of himself? I love it!
He really likes me to pretend to chase him - it just cracks him up!
So handsome!
He bends down to pick things up now!

And last, but certainly not least - he loves apples, and we like to share them.

2 comments:

  1. It is just amazing to see him cruising and bending down to pick things up. I'm so proud of him! ;) He such a handsome little man. Hope you're doing well, Kristina!!
    (Hannah was just fitted for her second prosthesis....she should get it within the next week or so! Her left leg has grown 1.5 inches since she got her first prosthesis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina, Eli is so cute, it is such a lovely age:)I just love the shoes, and I know once Eli doesn't have the shoe lift you will be hardly restricted at all for shoes. We had such a tricky time with Paddy before the amputation, but now, she is such a girly girl and LOVES shoes!!

    ReplyDelete